Sunday, October 7, 2007

Bread Baking

Click on this link first and then use the "back page" button to read the rest. :) (I didn't want to copy the picture into my post because I'm trying to avoid copyright infringement.)

Have you ever walked into a home and smelled the aroma of fresh-baked bread wafting from the oven? Boy, I have, and that smell can reach out and touch my very soul. (Even my many mistakes smelled much better than they tasted. :) ) No, not everyone will have time or energy to make their own bread every week, but why not give at least a try?

p. 119

Just as it is good to get one's fingers into the soil and plant seeds, so it is good to get one's fingers and fists into bread dough to knead and punch it. There is something very positive in being involved in the creativity which is so basic to life itself.
Because we are each uniquely created by God, that Hidden Art that releases our creativity won't be the same. It could be that making your own bread is your very own Hidden Art!


In my own web wandering, I stumbled across this blog today. If you think you might like to try baking your own, check it out. Even if you don't want to try baking your own bread, still check it out. The pictures are absolutely to drool for!




Do you yearn to to bake your own bread?



We're going to spend the next year sharingbread-baking tips, techniques, resources, and recipes.
We'd love to have you bake with us.

No comments: