Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My life will never be the same...

After nearly 21 years of marriage, I was finally talked into buying an electric griddle.  Granted, it was seriously on sale at Kroger or I never would have even considered it.



Do you see what I see?   There are SEVEN grilled cheeses being made at the same time.  Dinner for all of us in ONE batch rather than seven.  This is seriously life altering!  I made pancakes for four this morning in only three batches instead of nine.

I'm so hooked I used the griddle for all three meals yesterday. The grilled cheese was dinner.


PANCAKES ala Nourishing Traditions

Soak overnight 2 cups of fresh ground whole wheat flour in enough buttermilk to make a loose paste
In the morning, add 3 small (2 large or xlarge) eggs, 2-3 Tbs sugar or honey, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt.  Mix together and add a water to make the batter pancake consistency.
Cook on the griddle set at 350F.


PORK QUESADILLAS
Everyday Food: Great Food Fast by Martha Stewart Living Magazine p. 138
Layer the following on half of a 10" tortilla:
  • Swiss or provolone cheese
  • Thinly sliced deli ham
  • Thinkly sliced dill pickles (or dill pickle relish)
  • Onions (sauteed in butter until translucent)
  • More swiss or provolone cheese
  • Sliced pork roast (I used leftovers from the day before)
  • Spicy brown mustard

Toast on the griddle set at 375F until tortilla starts to turn brown.  Flip and toast the other side.


As Julia would say - Bon appetite!

No comments: