Tuesday, May 22, 2012

New Inspiration

I bought a new cookbook last week!  (Yes, another one.)  This happens often when I spend more than five minutes at Barnes & Noble.  My new inspiration is The Homemade Pantry: 101 Foods You Can Stop Buying and Start Making by Alana Chernila.

Funny thing is, though, that my new recipe for today didn't technically come from this book.  She wrote about her mother's use of the Moosewood Cookbook and something about spinach ricotta pie.  From the minute I saw the words 'spinach', 'ricotta', and 'pie' linked together I just KNEW I had to find this recipe!   Thanks to the internet it took less than a minute to find the recipe.  With an overabundance of spinach in the garden, it was easy to whip together the ingredients.

I found Spinach-Ricotta Pie on Mollie Katzen's website.  I'm looking forward to checking out some of her other recipes.  Of course I added a few (four?  five?) cloves of finely minced garlic to the onion in the pan.  I also used Monterrey Jack cheese for no other reason than it was the only thing besides cheddar I had in the house. 

I should have taken a picture.

Oops. 

Trust me, it was fabulous!  Enough to make me think eating vegetarian wouldn't be so bad.  Enough to make me think I might just come home with the Moosewood Cookbook the next time I'm at Barnes & Noble, if it's on the shelf.

Enjoy!

No comments: