Sunday, May 6, 2012

Operation Clean Out the Freezer - Day #8

I heart Bethany's Italian Sausage with Bowties.   A lot.  I forgot how much until I ate dinner tonight.

For the Love of GrubItalian Sausage with Bowties. 



There was a moment of panic when I thought I only had one can of tomatoes, but thankfully there was a second hiding behind the canned chicken.  (Can you believe I made it through four decades on earth without ever knowingly eating canned chicken?  Yea...  if it weren't for necessity, I'd have like to have made it my whole life. :p)

As always, less is not more when it comes to fresh garlic.  I used about six cloves... maybe 3 or 4 teaspoons.  We do love our garlic!  I think I may have used a whole teaspoon of red pepper flakes (I was sort of, maybe, kind of winging it..) but no one is complaining it's too spicy.  Whew.

If you think this recipe is awesome, check out the others on Bethany's blog.  It's one of my main go-to recipe sites.  I linked above in this post and there's also a link in the sidebar.

ENJOY!


No comments: